Sunday, September 12, 2010

The stupid is strong with this one...

   *sigh*

Our valiant hero faces yet another slack-jawed mouth breathing yokel.....

 So this poor excuse for humanity is pawing at one of my laptops... It want's the shiny.....It needs the shiny...

C: *Pointing at sign that has specs & PRICE*  How much is this one?

Me: ............It's at the end of your finger ............

C:  Huh?     Oh.... $900!!   That's too much. I want it for $700. You should give it to me for that much.

Me: *thinking.....OH NOoooo!!!...The dreaded JEDI MIND TRICK!!! How ever shall I defend against it!!.....Rolls dice....Hmmm.....Only a 4 on a 20 sided die.  I still make the saving throw as I fail on "0" against idiot*

No...I'll pass on that sale. Your mind tricks have no affect on me.

C: Why? I want it for $700!!

Me: Sadly, that is below cost & the last time I checked, most businesses prefer to MAKE money....Not lose it.

C: Huh?    I don't unnerstand?!?

Me: *surprise....surprise*  So let's say you bought a car for resale at $1000. You'd want to sell it for more. Correct?  To make money for paying the bills, buying food & such?

C: Uhhhhh....yup

Me: Well then. Same principle applies here. The owners like to make money..... Price is $900. ....Anything else?

C: Durrrrrrrrr...Lemme think about that....

Me: Sure thing. Have a nice day *I'll give you a decade or so to process that concept*

This is not the laptop you seek

Go away....Go be stupid somewhere else.

No comments: